Saturday, October 26, 2013

BLOG POST #2: Reaction to Creative-Commons, Get Creative Video



I thought this video was great!  I especially like the way it uses contemporary subjects to help to explain the somewhat abstract concepts of Copyright and Creative Commons.  In fact, I was so impressed with the video that I plan to share it with the English department at my school.  It would be a great resource for high school aged students.

One thing that keeps coming back to me as an important explanation of Creative Commons from this video is that it is a great collaboration tool.  It allows individuals to “stand on the backs” of other individuals and share recognition for the finished product, without ever needing to meet themselves.  This fact makes the Creative Commons an invaluable resource to both parties involved.

Video citation:

Willmed. "Creative Commons- Get Creative." Online video clip.
YouTube. YouTube, 10 Apr. 2007. Web. 23 Oct. 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Phil! I agree 100%, Creative Commons is and essential website for teachers and students. The video was short, to the point and offered an easy to understand explanation on Creative Commons. I use Creative Commons all the time and couldn't imagine going back to constant researching and calling persons or companies for permissions on certain things, every time I wanted to make a relevant change in instruction.

    Willmed. "Creative Commons- Get Creative." Online video clip.

    YouTube. YouTube, 10 Apr. 2007. Web. 23 Oct. 2013.

    ReplyDelete